Something Bigger

I leave for India in less than 48 hours. As it gets closer I have had a lot to think about. Tonight as I was driving home from seeing a very sweet friend of mine this beautiful lightening storm enriched the sky. There was no rain, I didn't hear thunder, I just saw this vibrant masterpiece of a lightening storm flashing across the sky. It really made me think, this isn't about me, is it? None of it is. I have spent weeks thinking what if I get sick? What if the food doesn't agree with me? What if I don't get enough sleep? And today it hit me that I was going about this all wrong. It is not about how I will feel on this trip, what matters is how the Kingdom of God will be impacted. What matters is that we take every moment to share the news of Jesus Christ with everyone we meet. This trip is about encouraging the persecuted church in India, bringing hope to women in churches on the other side of the world, and bringing the joy of Jesus Christ to children so that they in turn will become disciples of Him. This trip is not about me. I have been so selfish in believing this was my adventure. The Lord told me to go and serve HIM, not to go and worry about myself. This earth is momentary. There is an eternity waiting for us and I want to take as many people as I possibly can with me.

I heard this song (click here) twice today and I decided it will be my theme song for my trip. This next month is being covered in prayer by so many people and it means more to me than anything. I hope that this month whether you are going across the world or going back to school you will realize that this is all about something so much bigger than you or me.



And I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on 
A glorious light beyond all compare 
And there will be an end to these troubles 
But until that day comes 
We’ll live to know You here on the earth 

Comments

  1. I am interested in finding out if anyone was able to locate the whereabouts of your suitcase.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Endings and Beginnings

Faith Within Suffering

Five Years After the Divorce